Last Updated on 10 December, 2022 by Samuelsson
40 interesting facts about Jack Schwager
Jack Schwager is a renowned hedge fund manager, author and industry expert. He is best known for his books Market Wizards and The New Market Wizards, which feature interviews with some of the world’s top financial traders. He is also the author of several other books, including Hedge Fund Market Wizards and Schwager on Futures. He is a frequent speaker at financial conferences and has appeared as a guest on many financial television programs.
1. Jack Schwager is an American author and financial industry expert, specializing in futures and hedge funds.
2. He is best known for his Market Wizards series of books featuring interviews with some of the most successful and influential traders and investors.
3. He is the author of numerous books on futures and hedge funds and is a recognized expert in the field.
4. Schwager was born in New York in 1948 and earned his Bachelor’s degree in Economics from the State University of New York at Buffalo.
5. He is a Chartered Market Technician and has worked in the futures and hedge fund industries since 1972.
6. Schwager began his career as a commodity futures broker and in 1978 joined the firm of A.G. Becker & Co., where he eventually became a partner.
7. In 1988, he co-founded his own hedge fund, Schwager Investment Advisors.
8. He has written several books on futures and hedge funds, including Market Wizards, The New Market Wizards, Hedge Fund Market Wizards, and Stock Market Wizards.
9. Schwager is currently a Managing Director of FundSeeder Technologies, a web-based platform for connecting emerging hedge fund managers with qualified investors.
10. He is also the creator of the Schwager System, a systematic approach to trading futures.
11. Schwager has been featured in a number of financial publications, including Forbes, Financial Times, and The Wall Street Journal.
12. He has also been a frequent guest on CNBC, Fox Business, and Bloomberg TV.
13. Schwager has been a speaker at numerous conferences, including the Milken Institute Global Conference, the CFA Institute Annual Conference, and the SALT Conference.
14. He is a long-time member of the Market Technicians Association, and is a former Chair of its Board of Directors.
15. Schwager is the recipient of the 2008 Technical Analysis of Stocks and Commodities Magazine’s “Traders Hall of Fame” award.
16. He is also the author of the modern classic, Technical Analysis of the Financial Markets.
17. Schwager is a frequent contributor to many of the world’s leading financial websites, including Seeking Alpha and MarketWatch.
18. He has been a guest lecturer at several universities, including Columbia University and the University of Pennsylvania.
19. He is also a former adjunct professor at New York University’s Stern School of Business.
20. Schwager is a member of the CFA Institute and the Managed Funds Association.
21. He is currently a regular columnist for Futures Magazine and has been a contributing editor to Stocks Commodities Magazine.
22. Schwager is a founding member of the Alternative Investment Management Association.
23. He is a former board member of the Chicago Mercantile Exchange and a former member of the executive committee of the National Futures Association.
24. Schwager is the founder and Chairman of the Board of The Schwager Fund, a hedge fund of funds.
25. He is also the founder and Chairman of the Schwager Investment Institute, a research and education organization focused on educating investors and traders.
26. Schwager is a member of the Board of Directors of the Managed Funds Association and a board member of the National Futures Association.
27. He is a member of the School of Business Advisory Council at the State University of New York at Buffalo.
28. Schwager is a member of the CFA Institute’s Global Investment Performance Standards (GIPS) Committee.
29. He is a former board member of the New York Society of Security Analysts and a former member of the Financial Accounting Standards Advisory Council.
30. Schwager is a member of the Economic Club of New York and the International Economic Forum of the Americas.
31. He is the founder and Chairman of the Board of the Schwager Fund of Funds and a co-founder of the Schwager Investment Institute.
32. Schwager is a frequent speaker at industry conferences and an expert panelist at trading and investing seminars.
33. He has also been a guest lecturer at various universities, including Columbia University and the University of Pennsylvania.
34. Schwager has been a member of the Board of Directors at the Chicago Mercantile Exchange, the Managed Funds Association, and the National Futures Association.
35. He is a regular contributor to major financial websites, such as Seeking Alpha and MarketWatch.
36. Schwager is a frequent columnist for Futures Magazine, and has been a contributing editor to Stocks Commodities Magazine.
37. He is the author of numerous books on futures and hedge funds, including Market Wizards, The New Market Wizards, Hedge Fund Market Wizards, and Stock Market Wizards.
38. He is a frequent lecturer at major financial conferences, such as the World Money Show and the Futures Industry Association.
39. He was inducted into the 2008 Technical Analysis of Stocks and Commodities Magazine’s “Traders Hall of Fame”.
40. Schwager is a long-time member of the Market Technicians Association and is a former Chair of its Board of Directors.
Jack Schwagers Books – List
I am a huge fan of Jack Schwager and see his books as the most influential of all trading books that I have read. Some must-read among the books in this list.
1. Market Wizards: Interviews with Top Traders
2. The New Market Wizards: Conversations with America’s Top Traders
3. Stock Market Wizards: Interviews with America’s Top Stock Traders
4. Hedge Fund Market Wizards: How Winning Traders Win
5. Schwager on Futures: Fundamental Analysis
6. Schwager on Futures: Technical Analysis
7. Schwager on Futures: Managed Trading
8. Schwager on Futures: Strategies and Methods
9. Getting Started in Technical Analysis
10. Getting Started in Fundamental Analysis
11. A Complete Guide to the Futures Market: Technical Analysis, Trading Systems, Fundamental Analysis, Options, Spreads, and Trading Principles
12. Fundamental Analysis and Position Trading: Evolution of a Trader
13. Unknown Market Wizards: The Best Traders You’ve Never Heard Of
14. The Little Book of Market Wizards: Lessons from the Greatest Traders
15. The Little Book of Trading: Trend Following Strategy for Big Winnings
16. Hedge Fund of Funds Investing: An Investor’s Guide
17. The Little Book of Sideways Markets: How to Make Money in Markets That Go Nowhere
18. Beyond the Bull: How to Keep Your Portfolio Safe in a Turbulent Market
19. The Little Book of Alternative Investments: Real Assets for Uncertain Times
20. Schwager on Futures: Managed Trading: Programs and Strategies for Today’s Markets
Famous Quotes by Jack Scwwager
1. “The single most important quality for a trader is discipline.”
2. “Trading is like a game of chess. One mistake can wipe out all of the hard work you’ve done to get to that point.”
3. “You need to have a plan before you enter a trade.”
4. “It is impossible to be right all the time, but it is possible to be profitable.”
5. “The key to successful trading is to stay focused and disciplined.”
6. “The key to making money in the markets is to understand how to manage risk.”
7. “A good trader needs to understand the markets, but also needs to understand themselves.”
8. “Trading is a mentally demanding job and you must have the discipline to stick to your strategy.”
9. “The most important aspect of trading is to cut losses quickly.”
10. “The best traders are the ones who know when to walk away from a trade.”
11. “The secret to successful trading is to have the ability to adapt to the ever-changing markets.”
12. “Successful trading requires a combination of knowledge, discipline, and risk management.”
Jack Schwagers career
Jack Schwager is a renowned author, trader, and hedge fund manager with an impressive career spanning decades. He is most well-known for his books about hedge fund strategies and investing, which have made him a highly respected voice in the industry. Throughout his career, Schwager has shown a commitment to the financial markets, providing insights and strategies through his books, interviews, and other literature.
Schwager began his career in 1973 when he joined the commodities division of a Wall Street brokerage firm. In the early days of his career, he worked as a trader and portfolio manager, eventually becoming a partner at the firm. By the 1980s, he had become a well-known figure in the financial markets and was regularly sought after by clients and institutions for his expert market analysis.
In 1988, Schwager wrote his first book, Market Wizards, which chronicles the stories of the most successful traders in the world. The book was a hit and has since been followed by several other books on investing, such as The New Market Wizards and Hedge Fund Market Wizards. In addition to his books, Schwager has written numerous articles for magazines and newspapers, including Barron’s, Forbes, and The Wall Street Journal.
In the 2000s, Schwager became a managing director at a hedge fund, where he managed millions of dollars in assets. He has since gone on to launch his own hedge fund and is known for his ability to identify and capitalize on market opportunities. Schwager has also been involved in a variety of other projects in the financial industry, including developing a trading platform for hedge funds.
Throughout his career, Schwager has provided invaluable insight into the world of finance and investing. His books and other writings have served as an invaluable resource for traders and investors, and his commitment to the financial markets is evident in everything he has done. Schwager’s contributions to the industry are highly respected, and his legacy is sure to live on for years to come.
Jack Schwagers net worth
Jack Schwager is an American author and hedge fund manager who has estimated net worth of $20 million. He has gained this wealth through his career in finance, which started in the late 1970s.
Jack Schwager is probably best known for his work in the financial industry, where he has had an extensive career. He began his career in the late 1970s as a commodities trader and broker at EF Hutton and Company. After this, he moved to the Investment Technology Group (ITG) as a research analyst in the mid-1980s. During this time, he co-authored the classic book Market Wizards, which is one of the most important books on trading and investing. After this, he went on to manage two hedge funds and is currently a partner of the FundSeeder fund of funds.
Jack Schwager is also well known for his series of books detailing the financial strategies of prominent investors and traders. These books include Market Wizards, The New Market Wizards, Stock Market Wizards and Hedge Fund Market Wizards. They have become popular among investors, traders and financial analysts alike and have been translated into numerous languages.
Jack Schwager has also authored several other books, including Getting Started in Technical Analysis, A Complete Guide to the Futures Markets and The Little Book of Trading. In addition, he is the editor of the Schwager on Futures series, which includes numerous books on futures trading.
All in all, Jack Schwager has had an impressive career in the financial industry, which has allowed him to accumulate a net worth of $20 million. His books and investments have been highly successful, and he has become a respected figure in the finance world.
Jack Schwager is a renowned author and hedge fund manager who has made a major impact on the world of finance. He is best known for his series of best-selling books on trading and investing, which have been translated into multiple languages and read by millions of people around the world.
Schwager was born in 1950 in New York City to a family of Polish immigrants. He graduated from the City University of New York with a Bachelor of Science in Mathematics and a Master of Science in Finance from New York University. In the late 1970s, he began his career in the financial industry as an analyst at a Wall Street firm.
Throughout the 1980s and 1990s, Schwager was a pioneer in the hedge fund industry, co-founding two funds and managing them successfully to impressive returns. His first book, Market Wizards, which profiles some of the world’s most successful traders, was published in 1989 and quickly become an international bestseller.
Since then, Schwager has written several other books on the subject of trading and investing, including The New Market Wizards, The Little Book of Market Wizards, and Hedge Fund Market Wizards. These books have been praised for their accessible, conversational writing style, in-depth analysis, and insight into the minds of some of the world’s most successful traders and investors.
In addition to writing books, Schwager is a recognized expert in the world of finance. He has been featured in publications such as The Wall Street Journal, the Financial Times, and Barron’s, and has given lectures at universities such as Harvard and Columbia. He is also an active investor, managing a private investment fund and providing consulting services to hedge funds and other financial institutions.
Jack Schwager’s contributions to the world of finance have been numerous and significant. His books are widely read by both novice and experienced traders and investors, and his expertise is highly sought after by financial institutions. He is a pioneering figure in the hedge fund industry and a respected authority on trading and investing.