SPX- Using Vix to Find Entries
The VIX can help you in finding good trading signals. In this edge, we use the VIX to find favourable entries!
A Closer Look
The VIX is a volatility index that can be used to find good entries. That’s what we do in this edge
The edge is composed of:
- A Trend Filter
- A Moving Average Filter
- An RSI Entry
- An RSI Exit
Below the rules of this very edge are defined for you to replicate in your own testing;
[am4show have=’p15;p17;’ guest_error=’Silver Member’ ]
- Today’s close should be lower than yesterday.
- VIX should close at the highest in 15 days.
- The 2 day RSI indicator should be lower than 20
- Buy at the close if the above conditions are true
- Exit: If the 2 day RSI is above 70 then exit next bar at open