Last Updated on 11 September, 2023 by Samuelsson
David Einhorn is a hedge fund manager who ha David Einhorn is a hedge fund manager who has been in the business for over two decades. He is well-known for his successful bets against Lehman Brothers and Greenlight Capital, his own hedge fund. In this article, we will take a look at David Einhorn’s life and career, as well as some of the investment strategies he uses.s been in the business for over two decades. He is the founder and president of Greenlight Capital, a $9 billion investment firm. In this blog post, we will take a look at David Einhorn’s life and career, and discuss 15 things you need to know about him!
1. David Einhorn was born in 1968, and raised in Wisconsin.
2. He received his Bachelor’s degree in Government from Cornell University, and then went on to earn a MBA at the University of Wisconsin-Madison.
3. In 1996, David founded Greenlight Capital with just $1 million of seed money.
4. David is considered one of the most successful hedge fund managers in the world, and has achieved double-digit returns on investments for 20 years in a row.
5. David is credited with making some huge calls over the years such as shorting Lehman Brothers just prior to their bankruptcy, and predicting the housing market crash of 2008.
6. David is also an active philanthropist, and has donated millions of dollars to various causes over the years.
7. David is a frequent commentator on CNBC, Bloomberg TV and other financial news networks.
8. David serves as chairman of Greenlight Capital Re, Ltd., a reinsurance company he founded in 2007.
9. David is a graduate of Cornell University and the New York University School of Law.
10. David’s first investment as an analyst was with Jim Cramer’s hedge fund, where he worked from 1991-1995.
11. David founded Greenlight Capital in 1995, which currently manages over $10 billion in assets.
12. David is an avid poker player and regularly competes in major tournaments around the world.
13. David authored a book in 2010 titled “Fooling Some of the People All of the Time”, which chronicled his battle against Allied Capital Corporation.
14. David has been a featured speaker at the Value Investing Congress for several years.
15. David is married to Cheryl Einhorn, the founder of TheTigressFund.org, which she created in 2010 to provide grants and scholarships to women with entrepreneurial ambitions. David and Cheryl have two children together.
David is an accomplished investor, philanthropist, and writer. His career has been marked by successful investments and an unwavering commitment to ethical investing practices. David Einhorn is a name that is well-known in the world of finance and investment, and he continues to make his mark on the industry today. He is seen as an expert in value investing and continues to push this field.